Grade 10 Literacy Test on October 20th
Successful completion of the EQAO Ontario Secondary School Literacy Test is a provincial requirement of graduation . This test is typically written in the spring of a student’s Grade 10 year. This year, EQAO is piloting an online version of the test on Thursday, October 20th. This means our students will have two opportunities this year to satisfy their literacy requirement: an online test on October 20, 2016 and the choice of an online or pen/paper test on March 30, 2017.
Information for students, parents, and educators regarding the OSSLT can be found at http://www.eqao.com/en/assessments/OSSLT.
HDSB students, who are eligible, will be writing this test across our system on October 20th. In order to maximize this opportunity for our students and ensure the technological requirements are in place, we will be minimizing student access to the web on the day of the OSSLT. This means that large data-using sites such as Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Netflix and others will be blocked on this day in order to ensure our OSSLT writers can access the necessary technology throughout the day .
In addition, many of our schools will be running alternative timetables on this day in order to provide the space, equipment and staff required to run the test. Each secondary school will be communicating their timetable for the day with their own school communities.
Video on Math Development (for Parents)
How Many Nickels Make a Dollar? The Importance of Proportional Reasoning in Your Childs Math Development.
Proportional reasoning is an important mathematical way of thinking needed for much of the math that’s used in school and in everyday life. The video explains what proportional reasoning is, why it’s important and what parents can do to support its development in their children.
- PAR Implementation
- EQAO Literacy Test
- HDSB E-Learning
- School Parent Council >
- Accident Insurance
- Attendance Check (Parent Portal)
- Extra Homework Help
- Feedback Form
- Halton Health (reportable diseases list)
- New Student Registration
- Parent Guide to Reporting Online Student Absences
- Parent Resources
- Social Media Awareness
- Secondary School Health ENews
- Prospective Students
- School Cash Online
- Special High Skills Major Programs
- Specialized Programs
- Link Crew 2018 Application
- Guidance Appointment Request Form
Course Selection 2018/2019
- 2018/2019 Course Descriptions
- Online Learning Suitability Form
- E-line Course Offerings
- Course Selection Planning Worksheet - Grade 10
- Course Selection Planning Worksheet - Grade 11/12
- Final Course Availability Master - 2018/2019
- Grade 10 Course Selection Sheet
- Grade 11 Course Selection Sheet
- Grade 12 Course Selection Sheet
- Services >
- Student Services Calendar
- Specialized Programs
- School Social Worker
- Mike's Room (Academic Supports) >
- Grad Awards