As we finish semester one and begin semester two, I share with you our community news involving staff, students and parents. In addition to the following please review the attachment.
- The number of credits earned this semester was about 1620, at a success rate of over 98%. With more students taking advantage of credit rescue opportunities, extra help of their teachers and support from Writing and Numeracy clinics, they continue to improve each semester. Well done!
- The 2nd International Progress Fair Day was held January 19th. Students showcased progress from 1500’s until present day of a country of their choice where they demonstrated their research and communication skills, while increasing their knowledge of the world around them.
- Drama Production SHSM Students partook in the City of Burlington’s "Take Back the Night", where our technical crew demonstrated their practical skills for light and sound at this evening outdoor event. A great authentic application of their learning!
- Financial grants were received for Student Mental Health Awareness Group, Pearson Pride, Healthy Active Living and Safe Schools Action Team. We look forward to a number of school-wide ventures this semester to help support the emotional well-being of our students.
- We welcome Mrs. Tanya Kumka and Mrs. Stanislava Mladenova to our Mathematics Department and Ms. Kelly Peterson to our Geography Department.
Loraine Fedurco, Principal