This is a message about our the activity at Pearson during the first month of school and in the month to come.
On behalf of our Pearson Staff, I wish all our Pearson families a warm and thankful long weekend together.
School wide -
1. From our PAC:
- The first School Council meeting was held on September 23. Please find the minutes on the LBP website at: http://lbphdsb.weebly.com/uploads/1/3/6/0/13602991/minutes_sep_20_14_-_final.pdf
- The next School Council meeting will be on November 18 at 7:00 in the library. Come and find out what we are up to – and it is NOT fundraising!
- The School Council sponsored Mr. Chris Vollum for a talk on Social Media on September 25th. Mr. Vollum’s interactive presentation was very informative, providing the basics on many of the common social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and many more. Even the students learned more about how to safely take advantage of the tremendous potential for positive communication! Thank you to all who came out to share the evening. More info can be found at: www.cmvsocialmedia.com
2. Grade 9 Curriculum was a success as staff and PEP crew informed our new Patriot Families how to better navigate High School and had opportunity to meet teachers.
3. School Photos are now finished. Please contact the school office if your student has not received their photo package.
4. REMINDER - Pearson is Cashless !
Enusre that you have registered for CASHLESS system for payments related to school trips, athletics and clubs.
5. Outdoor Education Class - all students had an enjoyable 3 day camping experience rafting on the Grand River.
6. We bid farewell to our Apeldoorn Partners after a 10 day stay with our LBP, Nelson, Robert Bateman and Hayden students. LBP students will have the chance to travel to Apeldoorn in the Spring.
7. A successful book drive through Social Justice Club resulted in hundreds of books to donate to those in need.
8. Pearson Pride welcomed Lukayo Estralla, a transgendered spoken word poet, to a school wide presentation who spoke to students about diversity and inclusion.
9. Commencement 2014 congratulated our Pearson Graduates who came back together to celebrate with their families, friends, staff of Pearson, school board and community representatives.
New for this year -
Yearbook Club has begun and purchases for this year's edition is available on-line through our website.
DECA Club - First competition is November 14
Mental Health Student Awareness Committee- are putting an action plan together to raise awareness for students and teacher through a grant from
the Laidlaw Foundation.
GSA Group is renamed Pearson Pride
Auto Club is forming - the Pearson Pistons will be exploring links beyond the classroom with the Transportation sector.
1. 5th WEEK REPORTS - mailed October 16th
2. GRAD PHOTOS - Week of October 21st
Photos are taken by appointment only through login at www.pegasus-si.com
3. Parent/Teacher/Student Conferences -October 29 6-9pm
Appointment booking sheet available October 20th through school website
4. GR. 9 Take Our Kids To Work - November 5th
See attached note for parents of Grade 9 students.
League play and tournaments are in full swing for the fall sports of Boys Volleyball, Girls Basketball, Cross Country, Football, Fieldhockey.
Floodlight Football: LBP Patriots vs BCHS at Nelson Stadium
- Friday October 24th @ 7:30pm
LBP Spirit Wear Sales - Week of October 27th
Halloween Dance - Thursday October 30th 6-10pm