Scholarships, Awards, Bursaries & Financial Planning
Students who are in their final year of high school can benefit greatly from the financial assistance that awards, scholarships, and bursaries can offer.
A scholarship is typically based on academic achievement, but may also have requirements with respect to extra-curricular or community involvement, leadership or teamwork experience, or have specific student demographic requirements. This may be annually renewable based on academic achievement at the post-secondary institution and does not require re-payment.
A bursary may have similar requirements of the student but will also require evidence of financial need. This may be annually renewable at the post-secondary institution and does not require re-payment.
An award may be given in recognition of outstanding achievement. Awards may be in the form of books, plaques, subscriptions or money.
Any information forwarded to Lester B. Pearson High School regarding these financial opportunities will be included in our announcements, and posted on our Scholarship Bulletin Board.
Students may apply for various awards, scholarships and bursaries through the colleges or universities to which they are seeking acceptance, or through private or public organizations that also make financial rewards available for students.
If a Reference Letter is needed as part of the criteria please fill out and submit this form. Requests for Letters Of Recommendation should be made at least one week in advance of the required date.
Scholarship & Bursary application presentation (Sept. 2017):
How To Apply to Scholarships & Bursaries
Some valuable websites for researching scholarships, bursaries and awards include:
Ontario School Counsellor's Association
OSAP (federal & provincial government loans)
- PAR Implementation
- EQAO Literacy Test
- HDSB E-Learning
- School Parent Council >
- Accident Insurance
- Attendance Check (Parent Portal)
- Extra Homework Help
- Feedback Form
- Halton Health (reportable diseases list)
- New Student Registration
- Parent Guide to Reporting Online Student Absences
- Parent Resources
- Social Media Awareness
- Secondary School Health ENews
- Prospective Students
- School Cash Online
- Special High Skills Major Programs
- Specialized Programs
- Link Crew 2018 Application
- Guidance Appointment Request Form
Course Selection 2018/2019
- 2018/2019 Course Descriptions
- Online Learning Suitability Form
- E-line Course Offerings
- Course Selection Planning Worksheet - Grade 10
- Course Selection Planning Worksheet - Grade 11/12
- Final Course Availability Master - 2018/2019
- Grade 10 Course Selection Sheet
- Grade 11 Course Selection Sheet
- Grade 12 Course Selection Sheet
- Services >
- Student Services Calendar
- Specialized Programs
- School Social Worker
- Mike's Room (Academic Supports) >
- Grad Awards